MobyGames - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions regarding MobyGames, the world's most comprehensive gaming database project.
The standards page is the first thing you should read.
The FAQ has grown to the point where it is both a manifesto and a manual of operations, so it has been divided into the following sections:
- Design Goals and Manifesto
- User Accounts
- Concepts and Glossary of Terms
- Where did you come up with the name for MobyGames?
- What are the standards to submissions for the site?
- What is a MobyScore?
- What is a MobyRank?
- Why are old games given good ratings/reviews if there are newer games with the same theme?
- Why do some games have more than one memory or operating system requirement when that's impossible?
- Where can I get a list of the genres you currently have defined?
- Can I use the MobyGames database for my own purposes?
- Can I use MobyGames covers/screenshots for my article/project?
- I don't see my favorite game in the database... where is it?
- Why were my screenshots/covers/description/whatever rejected?
- How do I enter special unicode characters, like international letters or extended ASCII?
- Where can I find the 'Featured Articles' archive?
- Emails Answered